Tuesday, July 29, 2008

sometimes it's so hard to know where to start

i was about to start this post with the lyrics to a timely song and leave it as that but i realised that that's exactly what my previous post, published some two weeks ago, was like.

i think sometimes it's hard to pen down frustration, and that even if you do, it often doesn't make you feel any better. looking back, i guess there was always some of it lingering at the back of my mind but i kept brushing it aside, invented some excuses not to accelerate change, tried to be optimistic and not let it get me down.

maybe that was the last straw - and through conversations with other people, it does seem like i'm not wrong to think so. except, it seems like options now are even more diverse than they were the last time. weird, isn't it? how you think that later in life, decisions become easier because you know yourself better and what you want, blah blah blah...

part of me wishes there was an easy way out/i could take an easy way out. but the other part of me is alarmed that i'm getting 'soft'. so THAT part of me is what is pushing me to be proactive and not put it off anymore.

i've been feeling very unsettled the last few days and this morning i decided to pop this old CD back into my discman (yes, retro...) and this song seemed to really speak to me. and at the exact moment i needed to hear it (you know, when your mind wanders and starts thinking a whole bunch of thoughts...)

Amen - Bob Fitts

For every good thing
God is doing within me
That I cannot see
Amen
And to the healing virtue of Jesus
That's flowing in me
Amen

For every hope
That is still just a dream
By trusting in You Lord
Becomes reality
I stake my claim
And seal it in faith
I say Amen

Amen
Amen
So be it Lord
Your Word endures
I say Amen

Amen
Amen
So be it Lord
Amen


the greatest feeling is knowing that God is watching your back...

No comments: