Sunday, November 02, 2008

Why all children should grow up watching Charlie Brown cartoons

Linus Van Pelt: Well, I can understand how you feel. You worked hard, studying for the spelling bee, and I suppose you feel you let everyone down, and you made a fool of yourself and everything. But did you notice something, Charlie Brown?

Charlie Brown: What's that?

Linus Van Pelt: The world didn't come to an end.

'A Boy Named Charlie Brown' (1969)
-------


I took a trip down memory lane recently and watched 'A Boy Named Charlie Brown' and 'A Charlie Brown Christmas' and realised how beautiful in every sense of the word these cartoons are (they just don't make shows like them anymore!)

Every child should grow up watching them for the lessons they teach and grown-ups should re-watch them to remind ourselves of the important things in life which we seem to have forgotten while we were busy "growing up".

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I have no idea why I suddenly started thinking about this movie, but I actually didn't get to see it until I was in college recently, when I was really into things that were The Peanuts. This movie wins my designation as "Movie that Every Kid Should've (But Didn't) See." Of course, Linus got the best line in the whole movie.