Saturday, March 07, 2009

Overwhelmed

Now as we remember
Strains of our school song
Call to mind our motto
Filiae Melioris Aevi

Filiae Melioris Aevi
Daughters of a better age
United by a common goal
Filiae Melioris Aevi

Trust RGS girls to pull off something as amazing as tonight's 130th Founders' Day Homecoming Celebration - and all in 6 weeks and mostly through word of mouth, no less! Looking around the hall filled with generations of old girls, I felt proud to stand together with them to sing school songs and join in some cheers. It was fantastic to know that I'm part of such an amazing legacy - these women who've come before me have worked so hard to give me the opportunities I have today and I'm grateful that RGS taught me that I can be whoever I want to be!

And I'm still feeling the buzz from tonight even now...

No comments: