Saturday, March 06, 2010

Über retro chic

My mom and I have been eyeing these retro tea sets in the tea cosies/wicker baskets for ages - my grandmother has one and my mom always talks about how good one of these is in keeping tea warm (doesn't help of course that it looks pretty!). We saw these in Sia Huat a while ago but have been putting off buying one for me to take to the UK 'until closer to the wedding' so that it doesn't sit around the house and collect dust.

Given how few weekends are actually left till the wedding, we trooped down to Chinatown today and decided to buy TWO sets - one for my mom and one for me. We ended up getting one hexagon basket and one oval basket (because the lock on the clasp of the last hexagon basket they had was broken).

As juvenile as it sounds, it's so fun having 'matching' tea sets! :) And I am looking forward to using this in my new home in the UK.

No comments: