Thursday, October 04, 2007

Childhood memories

today as we were in the car, the opening of a song caught my attention and i realised it was the Golden Girls theme song! it reminded me of my childhood, where i spent afternoons watching these classics (soon after the afternoons were filled up by re-runs of even older classics!)

anyone remember this? the song just takes me back to the days when i was teeny tiny, sitting in front of my TV and being so absorbed in the dialogue and humour...

or did anyone wish they had a housekeeper as cool and sweet as Tony Danza?

remember Balki's dance of joy! hei! hei! hei! hei!

and i love the chilled out theme song from TAXI. always makes me think 1980s cool... and there's something so nostalgic about it.


ahhh i truly loved the 1980s. and i think i watched a bit too much TV...

1 comment:

far said...

Gosh! Know what? channel 5 is actually showing perfect strangers on tv on weekday afternoons around 2 or 3. I was channel surfing when I saw balki and larry and i was so overwhelmed :) I remember the dance of joy!!! :) hei hei hei :) Used to dance with my sister when we were little! And yeah, i remember the golden girls..and of course, who's the boss :)