Saturday, February 23, 2008

I PASSED MY DRIVING TEST!

YAY! *does the dance of joy, Perfect Strangers-style*

i accumulated 14 demerit points during the test, 12 of which were while IN the circuit - Failure to confirm safety during 1) directional change [-4], 2) vertical parking [-4] and 3) parallel parking [-4].

on the other hand, while on the road, i positioned my car incorrectly at the junction (did not move far enough into the yellow box for the right turn) and failed to overtake when necessary (in my defence, there was a really expensive-looking Merc in front of me in the filter lane who decided he didn't want to turn right after all so he moved out but part of his car was still in my lane and i didn't think i had enough clearance space to overtake him without scratching his car OR inching into the lane of oncoming traffic). Thankfully these mistakes were "free" (as my instructor said, "you get to make mistakes like this for FREE" - cue excited expression in voice). the mistake that i did make which cost me 2 points was "failure to use appropriate gear". which in this case, not changing up to 4th gear. even though the fastest i went was probably only 50km/h. apparently the tester said that once i hit 40km/h i should have used 4th already. :(

BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER! BECAUSE I PASSED!

and am excitedly awaiting the arrival of my photo-card in the post in 2 4* weeks!

*due to some system upgrade...

1 comment:

PHOBELINA said...

YAAAAY! congrattilations! x