Saturday, March 01, 2008

in RETRO-spect

these past days i've been doing something very old-fashioned: instead of taking my Zen Stone Plus to work, i've been carrying my Sony CD-Walkman - YES I KNOW! which also means i've been digging into my CD collection for CDs to listen to.

and somehow that has resulted in me listening to some very retro material. take for example Monday's CD of choice:erm, Geri Halliwell's "It's Raining Men", anyone?oh then Wednesday's was MTV's Fantastic Females! does anyone remember Jennifer Paige?!? and my CD came with a bonus VCD of 5 of the music videos. Celine Dion's "Immortality" with the Bee Gees has got to be one of the best/funniest videos!

Thursday's retro CD-of-choice was...that soundtrack is like doubly retro! a 90s movie set in the 80s and me listening to the songs in the 00s! haha..."Oooh heaven is a place on earth"... "turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think so da-da-da-da-da-daaaa"... "karma-karma-karma-karma-karma- chameleon!"... hehehe...
oh and Friday's CD was Robbie Williams - "Rock DJ" is a GREAT song! i can still remember the music video (the one that caused quite a stir) which had him stripping - and peeling off his skin and muscle till he was just a skeleton dancing on stage (with afro-sporting models on rollerskates). ahh... those were the days... when i was a massive fan of his music...

this whole retro-music thing put me in a nostalgic mood at work - and something someone said in the office suddenly reminded me of childhood cartoons and... Stoppit and Tidyup! i got so excited i went around asking my colleagues if they remembered it. and no one did. me being me, i searched for it on youtube and found it!

i remember being very tickled by this cartoon. and The Big Bad 'I Said No'. i loved the quirkiness of this cartoon. which if you watch it when you are older, reminds you very much of Monty Python (very Flying Circus).


and who can forget Zoo Cup! sadly i was unable to find any episodes in English, but hey, football transcends language barriers, right?

No comments: