Monday, December 08, 2008

another failed baking attempt

in today's weekend/holiday baking misadventure, my lemon glazed cookies didn't turn out like the picture in the magazine:

1. Because I ran out of wax paper, my dough rolls which I had to set in the fridge were not, well, cylindrical.
2. The texture of the dough didn't feel right when I was handling them and placing them on the tray.
3. The cookies spread out more than they should on the tray.
4. My cookies turned out browner than that in the picture.
5. The end-product cookies were a bit wetter than I thought they should be.

Maybe I had too much butter because I was not very exact when measuring 3/4 cup. And using wax paper would probably help achieve better cookie shapes AND set the dough better.


it's a good thing I don't have aspirations to be a dessert chef. I think I'm not meticulous enough a cook to get by as one.

No comments: